Sunday, March 2, 2014

Thing 2 - Connecting and Communicating





Twitter has quickly become a social media outreach that has enable teachers to effectively communicate in new ways. Tweeting an assignment would allow students to check again, with disrupting the teacher, what the work was for that evening. When a test is imminent, a teacher could tweet the test day and what to study so parents and students could follow. As a middle school teacher, students often want to know what I am doing and twitter would be a way to leave breadcrumb of certain info so that my "outside" life doesn't become the topic of the day. I know that some teachers in our school system use tweeting because the students can choose to follow and you as a teacher do not need to accept or reject them. Tweeting allows the teacher to send out information that is needed for a group. 


Goggle hangouts was easy to use and fun to try. I could see this being used in tutoring especially. If a student needs help and a high school student can help via hangout that would be great! Also kids love for others to read to them and hangouts would facilitate that. My family uses Skype with my mom who lives in Arizona and she loves seeing my son instead of just talking to him on the phone. I know that FaceTime was not discussed, but I can also see this app being helpful now that the wifi issue has been sorted. I am in contact with several professors of math and getting them, or their students to visual meet with us would be amazing for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment