Monday, February 10, 2014

Thing 1 - Ipad Basics

Thing 1 - Ipad Basics

The week our goal was to familiarize ourselves with the ipad and to use the applications on the device that we need for our class.  I have had an ipad for several years but tend to lean on other people, namely my husband, to help me figure the technological part of things out. Now it is my turn to take the ipad by the edges and jump off!!

I screen shot my screen where you can see that I named the apps that cannot be removed, "Stupid Stuff". I think that since I work in a middle school environment I would also name the non-removal items something silly so that they are a non-issue. In our building, each grade shares a cart of ipads so foldering the subject's apps is a brillant idea and a clean way to present the ipad to the student.

My son likes to keep his apps in "special boxes" as well so I am thrilled that now I can tell him that these are folders and that he was way ahead of mommy on that one!!



1 comment:

  1. I appreciated your clear reflection that focused on the effect that using folders to organize apps will have on your students in your classroom. Your organization for middle school students seems like it will be very beneficial when using iPad carts. Your response was well written and your screenshot was a great example of customizing your home screen. The rubric wanted a screenshot that to shows six apps in the dock area. If you want a refresher on how to move apps into the dock area, then let me know. You earned 8 out of 9 possible points on this assignment.

    ReplyDelete